Drywall & Popcorn Removal
Water damage can sneak up on most home owners or property managers. Here are some examples:
- A small rip or loose shingles on the roof can become an entry point for moisture and rain water. By the time most people notice the damage in the ceiling, the damage has already run its course and requires replacing the drywall.
- Faulty plumbing can be another cause of water damage, particularly when water filters through cracks or worn-out pipe gaskets. Areas like bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, or even the garage are particularly prone to this type of water damage.
- Flash floods are common in Central Florida, particularly during the rainy months of the summer, when thunderstorms can be expected on a daily basis.
- Lastly, while the threat of getting hit by hurricanes has been very low over the past decade, a direct hit by a tropical storm can cause severe damage to your drywall or ceilings.
If you discover any water damage in your home or office, be sure to contact us right away so that we can evaluate the damage and provide a quote to repair the unsightly water damage on your walls or ceiling.
Matching your existing wall or ceiling texture is something many drywall companies are unable to do. If you can obviously tell a repair was done, it wasn’t done right!
Our repairs include matching your existing wall or ceiling texture.
All Hole In The Wall technicians are skilled at matching texture and can make it look like we were never there. If you have an old patch that you are unhappy with, we can come out and re-texture it for a reasonable price.
Matching the texture of your walls allows you to have peace of mind when reselling a property. In addition, the texture matching process allows covering up severe damage or blemishes caused by previous “bad jobs” by someone else.
Whether you have standard knockdown, popcorn or orange peel texture on your walls or ceilings, we can match it after repairing any drywall damage, guaranteed. Every job is treated with extreme care because we know how important it is to you for our work to leave a lasting impression.
There is no match for our skill in repairing drywall–and we are ready to prove it!
Water / Flood Damage
When you have a water leak, roof damage, or a flood of any kind it can leave your drywall damaged. Finding the source of a leak or flooding usually involves removing areas of drywall. In many cases after the source of the water is fixed, you are left with stained walls and ceilings. “Flood Cut” is a term we use when the lower part of a wall has been damaged and/or removed after water has damaged it. This feels very tragic to have your home in disrepair. We will get your home patched up to look like it never happened.
From high-end homes to small apartments, Raphaello’s Property Services technicians have experience painting in any kind of residence. Our technicians not only carefully cover your belongings before starting, but also clean up before leaving, ensuring your home will be left virtually spotless.
We pride ourselves in having established a positive reputation. Clean, friendly, and honest are words often used to describe our staff. We proudly use high-quality Sherwin-Williams™ products and can match any paint sample you provide.
Popcorn Celing Removal
There was a time when popcorn ceilings were in fashion. But that was in the 80s and 90s and popcorn ceilings have become an unsightly nuisance for many home owners. Hole in the Wall Drywall Repair offers expert popcorn ceiling removal to help you modernize your ceilings and bring your home into the new millennium.
It’s time to bring your ceilings up to date.
If you are tired of looking at your outdated popcorn ceilings, look no further. Popcorn scrapes are some of our most common work. Whether you want a single room or your entire home scraped, we can take care of it for you.
Are you thinking about getting rid of your popcorn ceiling?
Here are a few pros and cons to consider:
- Popcorn can hide more ceiling imperfections than other textures can
- Popcorn texture does not always require painting where others usually will
- It is the easiest texture to apply
- Due to increased surface area, popcorn ceilings offer more noise dampening qualities than other textures do
- Painting popcorn is very difficult and can result in the texture falling from the ceiling. This does not happen with other textures
- Popcorn texture collects dust over time
- Popcorn texture is very rough, making it difficult to clean
While we usually replace popcorn texture with a knockdown or orange peel, we can also spray new popcorn to give your ceiling a fresh look. Whatever your preference, we can accommodate it!
Our Rapid-Patch™ process allows most drywall holes to be repaired in just one visit. Most require less than 2 hours to complete. We use techniques that not only reduce the time needed to make the repair but also minimize the amount of dust created in your home. Texture can be applied immediately, leaving you with a seamless repair ready for painting within 24 hours.
Garage & Porch/Patio Ceilings
Unlike the inside of your home, garages, patios & porches are areas that aren’t kept air-conditioned. Your A/C not only cools your home, but also removes humidity as well. These other areas are exposed to humidity and sometimes even the outdoor elements. Over time the humidity can cause drywall boards in the ceiling to start sagging or the seam tape to fall down. Some homes were built using nails, instead of screws, to secure the drywall in the ceiling. With the extra weight from the humidity, the boards can start to slip off the nails. This is a repair that you do not want to put off as it often results in drywall falling from your ceiling.
At Hole in the Wall, we can repair your small hole or your entire ceiling before it causes any damage. We offer a range of services that will make your ceiling look great.
- Spot repair the ceiling
- Re-secure the ceiling drywall boards
- Re-seam the ceiling drywall boards
- Remove the dated popcorn ceiling and apply a new texture
- Apply stain killer and paint ceiling
Cracks / Loose Seams
Cracks in your ceiling may only seem cosmetic, but this doesn’t mean you should put off getting them fixed. Ignoring these cracks may cause them to spread, resulting in a more expensive repair. If ignored for a long enough time, it can even cause your ceiling drywall to fall down. Cracks usually occur when your drywall seams separate, causing the tape securing them to come loose. We can re-secure or re-tape your drywall seams to ensure nothing falls down. Depending on the severity of the cracking, we might recommend re-securing your entire ceiling to avoid future problems.
Wall cracks are very unsightly, though are less severe than ceiling cracks. It is still a good idea to get them fixed to avoid having to pay for a larger repair in the future.